Mom & Me One Archive: 2002-2003
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver.
As of 1/18/04 this journal continues at The Mom & Me Journals dot Net.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals

My purpose in establishing and maintaining this journal
is to undermine the isolation of the caregiving experience
by offering all, especially our loved ones, a window into our lives.
As I post to this journal I think of our loved ones and their families,
how busy and involved we all are, and that,
if and when they come to this site they can be assured
that they will miss nothing in our lives and will, thereby, recognize us
and relax easily into our arms and our routines
when we are again face to face.

Legend of Journal Abbreviations
 APF = A Prescott Friend (generic) 
 DU = Dead Uncle 
 LTF = Long Time Friend a.k.a: 
   MFASRF = My Fucking Anal San Rafael Friend 
 MA = Mom's Accountant 
 MCF = My Chandler Friend(s) 
 MCS = My Colorado Sister 
 MDL = My Dead Lover 
 MFLNF = My Former Lover Now Friend 
 MLDL = My Long Distance Lover 
 MFA = Mom's Financial Advisor 
 MFS = My Florida Sister 
 MPBIL = My Phoenix Brother-in-Law 
 MPF = My Phoenix Friend (generic) 
 MPNC = My Phoenix NieCe 
 MPNP = My Phoenix NePhew 
 MPS = My Phoenix Sister 
 MS = Mom's Sister 
 MTNDN = My Treasured Next Door Neighor 
 OCC = Our Construction Company 
Sunday, January 04, 2004
 
If you've hung in here with me...
...or have stumbled upon this site while searching you know that I've been, well, overwhelmed enough with the intensity of taking care of my mother through a recent back injury that I haven't been updating here, at all.
    Aside from having to quickly become more enveloped in my mother's life than I imagined I was gracefully capable of doing, I also ran into some technical problems with the software on this site that were driving me insane and decided, about the time of my mother's fall, to fix and redesign the site and look for another journaling site. I've found it. The address is here: The Mom & Me Journals dot Net. It is a continuation of this journal. Throughout the next few weeks this entire journal project will be restructured but will remain easy through which to negotiate. None of the material will be lost. I will be making much more frequent postings, probably lots shorter and much more stream of conscious and will be doing a lot of cleaning up around here.
    In the meantime suffice it to say that my mother is a challenge but is doing fine, relatively speaking. I'm not afraid that she is going to die in the night tonight, or any other night in the immediate future. She is much more mobile than she was the first few weeks after her initial fall. Her healing remains very, very slow and I'm still functioning as parts of her body. The present situation would be pretty weird to contemplate if it didn't seem so normal to me, now.
    I know I've mentioned to several people verbally although I don't know if I've mentioned it here, that I continue to be surprised, pleasantly but bordering on shock, nonetheless, at how well I'm handling this. I've always been afraid of something like this happening although I've imagined much worse: A major stroke, etc. If I'd been told ahead of time that this was coming I would have made the silent assumption that it would drive me crazy and I would fail the task(s and multi-tasking) set before me. So I'm glad I didn't know ahead of time. Thankfully, my attitude throughout has been stellar, much to my surprise, and this has been a big help.
    I have much more to report, but let me officially cross over to the continuation of this journal, back into regular updates as our journey continues. You'll notice above a prominent link to the continuation. That will remain permanent, as, I expect, will this post, since it will probably be the last made in this segment. This site will remain a history site will be the consolidation of all my history pages plus this serialization of this journal as an archive. You will notice in the next few weeks lots of shuffling of links and expanded link sections in order to cross-reference material. It will all be easy and all pages and sites now in existence will remain up and subject to updating and posting.
    Gotta go. See you around the corner.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger