Mom & Me One Archive: 2002-2003
The definitive, eccentric journal of an unlikely caregiver.
As of 1/18/04 this journal continues at The Mom & Me Journals dot Net.

7 minute Audio Introduction to The Mom & Me Journals

My purpose in establishing and maintaining this journal
is to undermine the isolation of the caregiving experience
by offering all, especially our loved ones, a window into our lives.
As I post to this journal I think of our loved ones and their families,
how busy and involved we all are, and that,
if and when they come to this site they can be assured
that they will miss nothing in our lives and will, thereby, recognize us
and relax easily into our arms and our routines
when we are again face to face.

Legend of Journal Abbreviations
 APF = A Prescott Friend (generic) 
 DU = Dead Uncle 
 LTF = Long Time Friend a.k.a: 
   MFASRF = My Fucking Anal San Rafael Friend 
 MA = Mom's Accountant 
 MCF = My Chandler Friend(s) 
 MCS = My Colorado Sister 
 MDL = My Dead Lover 
 MFLNF = My Former Lover Now Friend 
 MLDL = My Long Distance Lover 
 MFA = Mom's Financial Advisor 
 MFS = My Florida Sister 
 MPBIL = My Phoenix Brother-in-Law 
 MPF = My Phoenix Friend (generic) 
 MPNC = My Phoenix NieCe 
 MPNP = My Phoenix NePhew 
 MPS = My Phoenix Sister 
 MS = Mom's Sister 
 MTNDN = My Treasured Next Door Neighor 
 OCC = Our Construction Company 
Tuesday, July 22, 2003
 
The Hollowing Out part of The Cleansing has begun.
    The first wave hit a little over an hour after her first dose of the Phospho Soda. It's funny because one minute she said she thought she might have to head for the bathroom soon and the next minute, just as she had started in, it was too late. We both learned a valuable lesson: When you're on laxatives, just thinking you might have to head for the bathroom is a signal that you'd better already be in there.
    About a half hour of clean-up was involved but it wasn't nearly as unpleasant as some past clean-ups have been, oddly, because the laxative completely changes the smell of whatever one is harboring in one's intestines. Since the flavor of the Phospho Soda is "Ginger Lemon", I assume that was also the aroma, although I can't swear to it.
    Mom's experiencing another wave, right now, and I'm pushing Gatorade, this time in preparation for her 2000 dose of Dulcolax, although, actually, I'm not sure she needs it, but those are the orders.
    As of this posting she's feeling good, looking good, still arguing about how much water she has to drink, and is experiencing no discomfort. We're joking a lot about the process and, here she is again, folks. Back to the ring.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger